Wednesday 10 May 2017

Double page spread text

.Column 1
nOstalgia: Hello guys  today we’re here with an 18 yr. old male rapper who made his first appearance on a YouTube channel for freestyling in May 2015, and today he’s here to tell us more about his struggles and how he made it to where he is now. We are here to bring you an exclusive one on one interview with the one and only Santan DAVE. So Dave, when did you realise that your music is getting serious.
Dave: It’s funny because when I turned 17 everything started getting even more serious and it was easier for me to breakthrough, when you’re younger it’s difficult to get older people to listen and pay attention to you, when you’re young you have to make sick content in order for a 25 yr. old top listen to you and say “that tune bangs. It’s usually when you grow up that everyone acknowledges you a bit more.

Column 2
nOstalgia: what was your path to fame like?
Dave: The more music I done, the easier it was for me to get a grasp of what was going to make people interested and what made react the way they do to certain songs and things, I don’t have a formula to fame or anything, it all just happened naturally and I think that the freestyles I did helped me build emotion and a connection with my audience, at that point I didn’t know anything other than lyrics, tracks and music videos didn’t concern me as I wasn’t thinking about shows and going on radio, so I went out and tried to make songs but I felt like it was all falsed so I kept doing my own thing. I was invited to Fire In the Booth after JKYL+HYD which was a big song for me as it opened a lot of doors for me; I linked with AJ Tracey and then we made a song called Thiago Silver together after he popped up to me on twitter, it’s a song to look at for inspiration as you can remix the track and put your own bars on top of it if it’s going to set your path straight for you.

Column 3
nOstalgia: Some people find it difficult to write songs whereas you make it look so easy, how did you get used to hard to write bars/songs?
Dave: it helped growing from freestyles to tracks because once you can write lyrics you can’t just forget how to write lyrics, there’s a lot people who can write like 10 choruses but when it comes up to proving who they’re and what they can do, they don’t have what it takes whereas I know that I can put bars here and there and I can put this chorus here making it easier for me to make music.
nOstalgia: Why did you decide to start making music?
Dave: At first I made music in order for me to express myself as a lot of stuff was going on in my life at the time so I needed to make music because it was kind of therapeutic now I make it because it’s fun but there’s a lot of pressure but you can’t let it get to you but I don’t know what I’ll be doing if I wasn’t making music. I’m not coming at it at a normal angle of making music, I’m not here to make a couple sick choruses, have an album and disappear; I’m here for every single aspect of music like I’m here for the instrumentals, production, the vocals, for the live acoustic session. I’m here to score soundtracks and do everything possible in the entire music industry not just rap music. A lot of my music sort if started off from me sitting down on stairs and rapping lyrics, I look back sometimes and I just think me, my friends and family have all come so far in the nine or so months that has been since I recorded, this is the one theme that I have in all my videos to sort of sit down and deliver the lyrics form a staircase where I grew up its kind of where it all started. My love for this we’ve seen in particular, I have this complex where it’s like I can’t stand to see myself be second best.

nOstalgia: That was all for now thank you very much for joining us on this heart felt interview with Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment