Friday 12 May 2017

Magazine evaluation Question 1

Question 1- In what ways does your media product, use, develop or challenge forms and conventions?

My media product uses conventions such as the technical term for describing the layout of the magazine e.g.; first of all the title/masthead for the magazine which is nOstalgia as I wanted a word that reflected the established nature of the genre so giving it a more important feel to the audience. This was created in a way to challenge the normal conventions of a magazine because I used a different font size to make the O in nostalgia stand out from the rest of the heading to catch the eye of the audience. Moreover, I also researched how the conventions were used in different magazines to get an idea of how mine should be or if I wanted to challenge the normal magazine conventions by analyzing V magazine, Billboard magazine and more. The titles of these magazines are both conventional and unconventional e.g. V magazine influenced me because the title of most magazines are behind the image but in a magazine the title is brought forward to stand out challenging the conventions. In contrast, to Billboard magazine which reflects the conventions by having the masthead behind the image.

The conventions influenced the design of my magazine as grime magazines have a certain types of fonts and colors to attract the eye of my target audience, which are mid-range tones, which reflect the mood of the music such as purple (not dark purple or lilac). I used Myriad Pro which is a sans serif font type I used it in both lower and uppercase as I wanted it to have something common with all other music magazines, furthermore, the colour I used for the text was a bright orange color in order for me to attract my target audience and because most grime magazine have a mid-toned color for their text as the music is more aggressive but not violent at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment