Friday 12 May 2017

Magazine Evaluation Question 6

Question 6 - What have you learnt about technology from the process of constructing this media product?
 I used Photoshop, Blogger and Microsoft Word for my media product production and the software that I found hard to use was Photoshop as it was my first time using it and I didn’t know how to navigate it but in due time I got the hang of it.
Moreover, the problems I experienced with Photoshop were that it had a variety of tools that I was not familiar with making it harder for me to edit my cover, contents page and the double page spread such as the photo did not fit the whole page when I copied and pasted it to the background layer.
Furthermore, I had a problem with the layers as every time I clicked anywhere on the page a new layer was created so I asked for help from my teacher and he showed me how to carry on with my production without creating any extra layers.
I also used the Canon EOS Series 700D as it has a high resolution and it had a variety of settings to choose from when taking my picture. When I was taking the photographs, I had to consider the environment and its surroundings, the lighting, the clothing of the model, the props used etc. Moreover, I had to think about the camera angles and shots in order to come up with the perfect close-up for my main cover and to also make sure that I could place text on the right side of the magazine as demonstrated below ;


No comments:

Post a Comment